Thursday 1 August 2013

July Favourites


July went by incredibly fast, but from now on at the end of every month there will be a favourites post to look forward to - hurrah! There have only been a few things I've been loving this July, due to the fact It's summer and I like to cut down my routine and go for a natural look! Nevertheless, these are the things I've been loving this month, and just have to share with you!

I've worn the Rimmel BB Cream every single day that I chose to wear makeup. I picked it up on a whim and hadn't heard any reviews about it, but i'm glad I did! It's quite thick but blends out evenly and doesn't give you a 'cakey' finish, I have found a little bit goes along way. One of the main reasons why this has been a favourite for July is because it has a whopping SPF 25! Which surprisingly I needed because we actually had a few days of proper sun here in the UK! I found the SPF very handy because I didn't need to worry about applying sun-cream to my face.  I'll probably choose to do a more in depth review of this, because I would like to discus it it more depth - so keep your eye's peeled! 
It retails for £6.99 at Boots


I wont ramble too much about the Maybelline 24hr Colour Tattoo because I'm sure you've all hear so much about these little gems, however it is a gel-cream formula based eyes hadow, and this particular one is in 50-Eternal Silver, I have to admit I only bought this colour, to use with my silver prom eye shadow look and didn't think I could put it to much use. However recently I have found that I can use this silver colour for a base for practically any colour eye shadow I use and it makes the eye shadow more vibrant, in fact this month I have discarded my trusty urban decay primer potion and reached for this instead!
It retails for £4.99 at Boots


The Collection Extreme 24 Hour Felt Tip Liner has completely changed my life (I can be a little dramatic). I used to be one of those people who took at least 20 minutes to apply liquid eyeliner on their upper lash line, mainly because I'm a perfectionist, and many of you will know how hard it it to make both eyes look exactly the same! Because of the felt tip nib, I find it so much easier to get a smooth line and create a decent looking flick! So i thoroughly recommend felt tip liners, to those girls (or guys) out there  who cant seem to master the art of 'the perfect flick'. I cant wait to try out more felt tip liners, because as great as this one is, i do feel it could be a little darker.
  It retails for £2.99 at Boots







There's not a lot to say about the Rimmel Glam Eyes Mono Shadow in 100 Glam Ice apart from that it does exactly what I want it to:  it's a great brown bone highlighter and helps to brighten your eyes when put in the inner corner it  also has a slight shimmer to it which has not picked up in the picture. 
It retails for £4.49 at Boots.



TheVO5 Plump It Up weightless mousse, has been a savior for me this month! I apply it to damp hair, raking it through my roots and then let my hair dry naturally and BAM, It looks like I've spent a good 30 minutes with a hairdryer and teasing comb! This is great for those days where you really cant be bothered to style your hair! - yes I'm lazy.
It retails for £3.89 at Superdrug

I have used the Body Shop Born Lippy In Satsuma Shimmer to death this month, as you can see by the picture! I am a self confessed lip balm addict and the body shop lip balms are some of my favourites. It has a very strong smell and contains shimmer, it's perfect for those summer days where you cant be bothered to apply lipstick and worry about it running or reapplying it!
It retails for £2.00 at The Body Shop

I have worn the Collection 60 seconds Hot Looks alot this month, its not necessarily about the quality of the nail varnish, because it does tend to chip but the colour 'candy floss', i'm not normally one for pink nail varnishes, I tend to prefer darker colours but it's just gorgeous. It's a bit pinker than it is showing up and I just think its a really feminine summery color!

Those are all my favourites for July! What have you been loving this past month?

Evie x







2 comments:

  1. I have to try the Rimmel BB cream !!!

    http://novembrebeaute.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete