Wednesday 31 July 2013

NYX Nude on Nude Palette



I do not own many NYX products due to the fact I live in the UK, where NYX isn't widely available, however I have hardly heard any negative criticism about any of their products. I had heard about this palette previously and knew that many people had been comparing it to the infamous Urban Decay Naked Palette - so as you can imagine i just had to buy it, after seeing it for just £7.99 in TK MAXX. Of course I wasn't expecting this product to be parallel with the naked palette but sadly I was still disappointed by it. Read on to find out why.


The palette contains an impressive 20 shadows, covering every type of neutral shade there is! However I did find that many of the lighter shades were not very pigmented meaning they looked very similar when applied, which was a disappointment. Another large downside to this product is the quality of the eye shadows, which are very chalky, again i found this more prominent with the lighter shadows. Nevertheless the eye shadows are easily applied, whether it be using the sponge applicator that comes with it, or your own brushes - which I found applied the product better, and I had no qualms about the way they look hen applied.

The shadows do have a good lasting power, without primer it took about four hours before creasing became noticeable and with primer about 6.



The palette also includes 10 lip colours, which personally i think is a contradiction to the 'nude' branding I also feel that they are pointless, they're not good quality and you have to use a lot of product to see a significant build up of colour. personally I would only use these lip colours if i was doing a specific makeup look that required me to use a certain colour  i did not already have ,for example - the light sparkly pink for a barbie look.

Overall the Nude on Nude palette did not live up to my expectations and honestly I think it would be wise to save up that extra money and opt for the naked palette. However for someone on a budget i feel this would be a good substitute, especially for a beginner who does not on a lot of eye-shadows.

Have you tried the NYX Nude on Nude palette? What did you think?


Evie x



No comments:

Post a Comment