Tuesday 27 August 2013

Maybelline Colossal Volum' Express Mascara

                                

I'm in turkey right now and have scheduled this post so fingers crossed I've done it right, if you see this then hurrah! - 10 points to Gryffindor!

I've been a fan of Maybelline mascaras since I first started wearing makeup and to this day I still think they have many amazing mascaras that could give high-end products a run for there money! In fact I remember when this mascara came out, I was in year seven so nearly 6 years ago! Of course the advertising roped my little 11 year old self in and I saved up my weekly pocket money! All this time later I am still regularly repurchasing this mascara! There are a few variations of this mascara: The original, The Water proof, the 'Cat Eyes', 'Smokey',  the '100% Black' one which I currently own, and for you slightly wackier, more daring people the New Colour shock ones in Electric Blue and Electric Teal! I have tried all except the colour shock ones and love all of them however the original is still my favourite and I prefer to purchase it in 100% for a darker colour!


As you can see the brush is rather large and fiber, not plastic. When applying I find it combs through and separates lashes well, lengthening well and volumising to an extent. 


One of the main pluses is the minimal effort it takes to achieve nice full, long looking lashes. In the slightly scary picture of my eye you can see this. Here I Only applied one coat and combed through my lashes  about 10 times!  My one qualm about this mascara is the fact that I always seem to get it on my eyelids, probably because of the brush but then again it could just be me being clumsy!

The Maybelline Colossal Volum' Express Mascara retails for £7.19 at boots, you can purchase it here.

Have you tried this mascara? Or do you have an mascara recommendations for me?

Evie x





2 comments:

  1. I've heard that Maybelline is hands down the best mascara brand ever! However, I'm currently using Benefit's They're Real and I have to say, I like it better than the Maybelline one I was using before! Xx

    Shaqinah from Shoes & Roses

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Evie! I have nominated you for the Liebster Award because I feel like your blog really deserves it! All info here - http://where-shegoes.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete