Sunday 18 August 2013

Maybelline Baby Lips

Best beauty blogger

Sadly my experience with maybelline's 'baby lips' has not been as fantastic as everyone else's *cue shock*. I was so determined to get my hands on some of these I went to two different superdrugs and even ventured out of my hometown to acquire some! After finally coming across some in boots my expectations were high for these fabulously coloured and lets be honest slightly tacky tubes of lip balm.

Best British Beauty BloggerMy fist impressions were great, I ripped them from the packaging as soon as I'd paid the (in my opinion) the overpriced total of £2.99 for each - praise the Lord for boots' frequent 'three for two' offers! I fell in love with the surprisingly good pigmentation of 'Cherry Me', although to be honest, if you want the same lip balm for cheaper, and can survive without the fun packaging - just purchase a 'cherry chapstick' for just over a third of the price! I reapplied the cherry me lip balm a couple more times, and have to agree my lips felt significantly softer, but i wasn't blown away. 

Best Beauty Blogger

The next day I decided to give the slightly more boring 'Hydrate' lip balm a go which I mainly bought for the SPF 20! Which I have to admit is a great plus. It did the same as the cherry kiss without the tint, I reapplied the lip balm numerous times throughout the day! However the real problem began the next day, to my horror  I woke up to the beginnings of a cold sore! *cry*

 I haven't heard of this happening to anyone else and it is possible it could partly be blamed on stress, however this has happened before due to soap and glory's 'sexy mother pucker'. So I'm pretty sure the lip balm was the cause, or at least contributor! I'm reluctant to use the lip balms again and annoyed and upset that I didn't get along with these as much as everyone else seemed to!


Maybelline's Baby Lips can be purchased at Boots here for £2.99

Have you or do you want to try maybelline's baby lips? What was your experience like?

Evie x

4 comments:

  1. I want to try them, it's a shame you didn't get on with them

    Annie | www.raspberphobia.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to try them out , but i'm hearing good and bad stuffs i might give a go to the Neon ones , the new version :)

    NovembreBeaute

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they're worth trying out as long as you get a coloured one! That's a good idea :) x

      Delete
  3. Ive tried a few of the baby lips and totally agree with you - its not a mindblowing product. but oh my isnt the packaging so darling and eye catching? ahahhaha, also i have nominated you for the liebster award! feel free to check out my post on it if you are interested xx

    acupofjessicatedcoconut

    ReplyDelete